Report on the aims and and work of the IuK Initiative
- some personal statements to the field.
Aims of the Initiative
are to stimulate and coordinate the development of information and
communication management in the most general sense across the
learned fields, throughout all of Germany with its 65 Universities,
and embedded into the international development.
Some personal remarks
- 1.: Free Access to scientific information
(Separation of permanent free access to any scientific information by
posterior add-on calue (could be commercial) services.
- 2.: tasks for the authors: use mark up
- 3.: tasks for the readers: learn searching
- 4.: tasks for the national government: fund the free information centers
- 5.: tasks for the state government: support and stimulate teaching
- 6.: tasks for the university services: act as publisher of authors of their
University free to read for the readers.
- 7.: chances for providers: the sector of add-on value services is huge.
It will pay many new jobs
- 8.: Separation of archiving from scientific information process services
E.R.Hilf; Dept. of Physics, Carl von Ossietzky University;
Everyone is invited to copy, distribute, display, download, even
read this article, as long as the integrity of the text and its links
is kept, and proper reference is given with a link to the home
site of this document:
author: Eberhard R. Hilf
Final title of the manuscript will be:
Chances and Initiatives in Scientific Information
started: 1.3.1999; last change: 1.5.1999
publisher: BIS (Bibliotheks-Informations-System) Oldenburg,